Janice Black, LCSW
Counselor and Therapist
Couples, individuals, children & families
Available to help victims of crime through
Crime Victims Assistance Program
Operation TBI Freedom
(Rocky Mountain Human Services
formerly, Denver Options)
- Family Therapy
- Parenting of infants, children and adolescents
- Military families coping with deployment and other issues
- Treatment for insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for trauma caused by combat, personal assault, natural disasters, witnessing catastrophic events, etc.
- Reunification, reintegration
- Domestic Violence
- GLBTQ families
- Mental health problems: such as, borderline personality disorder, effects of traumatic brain injury, PTSD, and other
- Families headed by grandparents
- Teen parents
- Families coping with disabilities and/or medical problems
Operation TBI Freedom through Denver options
Veterans Trauma Court
Victim Assistance Program
FORMAL PREPARATION AND EDUCATION
Resume Additional Qualifications
- Licensed with the Department of Regulatory Agencies in the State of Colorado.
- Training as Child and Family Investigators as defined in Chief Justice Directive 04-08, Standard 6 through the Colorado Bar Association, 2008.
- Professional Writing Certificate, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, CO 2001.
- Teaching Certificate State of Colorado.
- Teaching Credential (Multiple Subjects), University of California at Riverside, 1986.
- Masters in Social Work, San Diego State University, 1979.
- Bachelors in Human Development, University of California at Riverside, 1977.